Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 16 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 p.m. British Summer Time on Wednesday 21 August 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter simply fill in the entry form found on this page.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on Thursday 22nd August 2019. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
7. The prize for the winner is 1 night’s accommodation for 2 people at the London EDITION Hotel, including a dinner voucher and breakfast, and two signed copies of The Testaments by Margaret Atwood. Travel and any other expenses incurred by the winner in connection with the prize are not included.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via email by Friday 23 August 2019. The winner must claim their prize within 5 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
11. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
12. The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in the Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in the Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of the Promoter.
13. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
15. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.