Terms and conditions
1. To take part in this promotion, entrants must pre-order a hardback UK edition of The Man Who Died Twice (Hardback ISBN 9780241425428) from a UK (excluding Northern Ireland) physical, independently owned single outlet bookshop by 23:59 BST on Wednesday 15th September 2021.
2. This promotion is open to UK residents excluding residents of Northern Ireland aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter and their group companies, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entry via proof of pre-order must be received by 23:59 BST on Thursday 16th September 2021. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter send proof of pre-order of The Man Who Died Twice from a UK Independent Bookshop (excluding those in Northern Ireland) (scan, photo or copy of email confirmation) with your name and postal address to email@example.com – please do not submit any bank details with your proof of pre-order.
6. A prize draw will take place on 23rd September 2021. The first correctly completed valid entry drawn will receive a Fortnum & Mason hamper worth up to £100.
7. The prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered. The promoters’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The prize will be confirmed with the winner by 14th October 2021.
10. Entrants’ personal details will be destroyed on completion of this promotion.
11. The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
12. We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
13. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA
15. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.