Please note that this competition has now closed.
To celebrate #Merky Books first unputdownable rom-com we are offering you the chance to win two tickets to the sold out #Merky Books Literary Festival on Saturday 22 April 2023 11am-8pm and a meet-and-greet with author Taylor Dior-Rumble.
The prize includes travel costs to and from the festival up to £200. The winner must claim their prize within 5 days of being notified via email or they forfeit their tickets.
To enter, simply pre-order a copy of Taylor Dior-Rumble’s debut novel The Situationship from any UK retailer and fill in the form below by 23:59 on Thursday 13th April 2023.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- By entering this prize draw, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this prize draw.
- This prize draw is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a resident of the United Kingdom, except for employees of the promoter, its group companies, its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the prize draw.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on Thursday 13th April 2023. Entries that are illegible, incomplete, corrupted or which fail to be received by the closing date for any reason, will not be counted. The promoter is not responsible for entries delayed or lost in the post. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be counted. Entries shall not be returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter please enter the order number or barcode of the receipt of your purchase of THE SITUATIONSHIP by Taylor Dior-Rumble in the form above. The order number or barcode can be found on the pre-order receipt or invoice from a UK store including Amazon, Waterstones, Independent Bookstores where the book must be purchased for entry. Please do not include any banking or card details.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on Friday 14th April 2023. The first entry drawn at random by an independent person will be the winner. The prize is:
- X2 tickets for the #Merky Books Literature Festival (Day One, Saturday 22 April 11:00 to 20:30)
- 15 minutes meet and greet with Taylor Dior-Rumble at the festival at a time to be confirmed by the Promoter.
- Cost of travel to London for the winner and their guest – up to £200 in total
- The prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered. Other than those specified above, the promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as result of accepting this prize
- Events may occur which render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and the promoter may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prize with or without notice.
- The winner will be notified via email within 24 hours of the closing date (i.e. by 14 April 2023). The winner must claim their prize within 5 days of the promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- We will make the winner’s name available on request to the following email address email@example.com (please state the name of the competition in the subject heading) 72 hours after the closing date. If you do not want your name to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, [using multiple accounts to submit multiple entries,] cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the panel or a representative of promoter
- The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter’s contact details are: The Random House Group Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA