• 4 bananas, chopped
• 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
• 500ml semi-skimmed milk
• 100ml double cream, whipped
• Banana chips
• Hundreds & Thousands sprinkles
1. Add the bananas, vanilla ice cream and milk into a blender (make sure a grown-up does this). Whizz them all up until smooth, then pour into a tall glass.
2. An optional step for grown-ups ONLY – to make the milkshake taste even closer to Terry Pratchett’s drink of choice, you can add 1/8 cup of coconut rum per drink to the mix, and blend well.
3. Now it’s time for the fun bit: decorating! Top the milkshake off with a big spoonful of whipped cream (you can also use whipped cream from a can) and decorate with whatever you like – our favourite decorations include banana chips, a cherry or two, and hundreds and thousands sprinkles.
4. Serve immediately with a colourful straw, and don’t forget to toast to Terry Pratchett – this drink was invented in his honour, after all!
The late great Terry Pratchett left an extraordinary reading legacy behind. His legendary fantasy stories have been casting spells over young readers for years and years...
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Pratchett’s debut novel The Carpet People, we asked a handful of authors, editors, and fans about the enduring impact of his work and the way it touched their lives.