You will need:
- A paper plate
- Masking tape – to trace around and to use
- A small circular object to trace around – like a small roll of tape or a bottle top
- String or wool
- Pen or pencil
How to make:
1. First imagine the plate is a clock and mark lines that are about 4cm long at 9, 11, 12, 1 and 3 o’clock.
2. Use the 9 and 3 o’clock markings as a guide and trace around the roll of masking tape to create two circles.
3. Trace around the bottle top to draw eyes.
4. Draw two straight lines from the masking tape circles, down to the curved ridge on the plate. These will form the sides of the mouth.
5. Cut the bottom section of the plate as shown, to make the face shape.
6. Cut a heart shape for the nose.
7. Add some small cuts for the teeth. Cut down the three lines on the top of the plate (at 11, 12 and 1 o’clock).
8. Overlap these sections to create a 3D forehead for the mask. Fasten them with pieces of masking tape.
9. Tape some wool or string to the sides so you can wear it as a mask.