When a loved one has been diagnosed with dementia, many family members assume new roles as carers, helping their relative to remain safe, happy and as independent as possible.
Dementia Essentials is a practical, realistic and reassuring guide to help you and the person with dementia on the journey ahead. Written by a real carer with first-hand experience of the challenges dementia poses, the book is full of essential advice, personal insights and helpful strategies, including:
· Thorough explanations of dementia and Alzheimer’s
· Advice on medication and getting support from local health professionals
· Ideas for encouraging independence, confidence and activity while reducing anxiety, aggression and confusion
· Guidance on how to prepare for the future, including legal and financial decisions and choosing a care home
· Strategies for coping as a family carer, helping you to feel less alone and more empowered
Positive and practical, Dementia Essentials will help you provide and find the best possible care for the person you are supporting.
- Published 1st May 2013
- 288 Pages
- 135mm x 216mm x 21mm