In his international bestseller, The Hidden Life of Trees, Peter Wohlleben drew on the latest science to tell us about the amazing networks and social behaviour he has observed between trees. In The Weather Detective he uses the same long experience, and deep love of nature, to help us decipher the weather in a completely new and compelling way.
· At what temperature do bees stay at home?
· Why do southerly winds in winter often bring storms?
· If you cut open a hailstorm, what does that tell you?
· Why are pine cones useless as pocket weather stations?
· How do birdsong or flower scents help you tell the time?
Full of the very latest discoveries, combined with ancient now-forgotten lore, The Weather Detective helps you read nature’s secret signs and discover a whole new layer of meaning in the world around you.
- Published 7th June 2018
- 176 Pages
- 144mm x 222mm x 20mm