Do you love drawing all things Doctor Who? We’re giving you the chance to have your artwork published in Doctor Who: The Illustrated Adventures, coming in late 2017. To enter our competition, you’ll need to draw or design an image to illustrate one episode from our list of 100 Doctor Who favourites. Scroll down for more details!
You don't have to be an experienced artist to enter – fans of any ability and all ages are encouraged to participate. Whether you want to scribble a Silurian, paint a Pyrovile or simply draw the Doctor – just grab your pencils, pens and paper and get creating!
What you need to do:
1. Make sure you read our full Terms and Conditions below before entering
2. Choose an episode to illustrate from our list of 100 Doctor Who stories – or submit multiple entries for multiple episodes if you’re feeling ambitious!
3. Download our template below and illustrate/draw/design an image that represents your chosen episode
4. Your image could illustrate the episode as a whole, or just one particular element/scene/character from the episode – the choice is yours
5. Once you’re happy with your entry, email it to us at Doctorwhoart@penguinrandomhouse.co.uk
Winning entries will be published in Doctor Who: The Illustrated Adventures, out late 2017. You’ll also receive a special Doctor Who book bundle worth £100! Please note, if you’re under 13 years of age, please include your parent/guardian’s email address along with your entry. Terms and conditions apply. This competition closes on 1st Feb 2017.
Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK and the Republic of Ireland and the United States of America aged 9 and above, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from those aged 13 or under must be accompanied by evidence of permission from a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
- If you’re under 13 years of age, please include your parent/guardian’s email address along with your entry.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 1st Feb 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Entrants can submit as many entries as they like but no entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter, entrants must illustrate, draw, or design an image to represent one of our top 100 Doctor Who stories/episodes (see downloadable PDF list available at [https://www.penguin.co.uk/content/dam/prh-consumer/puffin/PDFs/competitions/doctor-who-illustrated-episode-list]), within the page templates found at [https://www.penguin.co.uk/content/dam/prh-consumer/puffin/PDFs/competitions/doctor-who-illustrated-templates].
Then send your entry along with personal details, including name, age and email address to Doctorwhoart@penguinrandomhouse.co.uk Entries submitted electronically must be supplied as either a pdf, jpeg, ai or psd file format with a resolution of at least 300dpi in order for the images to print well in the final book.
- All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be forwarded to a judging panel made up of Puffin design and illustration experts and members of the BBC’s Doctor Who brand team.
- At least 25 winners will be chosen to appear in the book, but dependent on the number and quality of entries, as many as 100 images could be chosen. Winners who will be the entrants whose entries, in the opinion of the judges, depict (or capture) the chosen episode of Doctor Who most creatively and attractively. Each winning entry will be included in the Promoter’s forthcoming title, “Doctor Who: The Illustrated Adventures” (the “Book”) and each winner will also receive two copies of the Book, along with a Doctor Who Book Bundle with a combined RRP of £100.
- All entrants will have their name printed in the Book.
- Entrants acknowledge that, should they be one of the winners, the prizes are as stated in clause 8 above only, that they will receive no payment of any kind in respect of their illustration’s inclusion in the Book and that their illustration may appear in the Book alongside paid-for commissioned artwork.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via email or post by 1st March 2017. The winners must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant (or their parent/guardian on their behalf) grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete (or to get their their parent/guardian to complete on their behalf) any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
- To obtain details of the winners please email Doctorwhoart@penguinrandomhouse.co.uk stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.