Search: doctor who
4 results 1-4
Published: 6 Nov 2003
Last Night I Dreamed of Peace is the moving diary kept by a 27-year-old Vietnamese doctor who was killed by the Americans during the Vietnam War, while trying to defend her patients. Not only is it an important slice of history, from the opposite side of Dispatches and Apocalypse Now, but it shows the diarist - Dang Thuy Tram - as a vibrant human being, full of youthful idealism, a poetic longing for love, trying hard to be worthy of the Communist Party and doing her best to look after her patients under appalling conditions.
She wrote straight from the heart and, because of this, her diary has been a huge bestseller in Vietnam - 350,000 copies sold in 2005 alone. Rider brings the first English translation, in book form, to the Commonwealth markets.
'The Light Beyond' is based on more than a thousand case studies of adults and children who clinically reached the point of death and survived, as well as amazing new research. It shows the many striking similarities shared by all near-death experiences (NDEs), and uncovers secrets and opens the doors to a powerful message of love from the frontier between life and death.
Raymond Moody's research throws new light on the following topics:
--how recent findings in medicine, psychiatry and sociology bring us closer to unravelling mankind's greatest mystery: what happens to us after we die?
--Startling, newly confirmed phenomena such as: the experience of meeting one's loved ones in the afterlife and the ability to 'tap into' knowledge of any sort
--What the moving near-death experiences of children can teach us
--Why NDE's inspire permanent change, greater appreciation of life, more concern for others, increased belief in an afterlife, and decreased fear of death
--Why doctors want more research into near-death experiences-and much more
Based on Dr Moody's groundbreaking studies, 'The Light Beyond' offers both answers and peace of mind to anyone who has ever wondered about death and beyond.
Published: 7 Apr 2005
Frontiers of Health is an essential guide to healing, combining medical expertise with unique insights into the human condition. Dr Christine Page illuminates our understanding of disease and its purpose for inner spiritual growth. In this excellent introduction to our subtle anatomy, Dr Page explores the chakras and their individual relationship to disease, pathology and soul unfoldment. Drawing upon her experience as a respected doctor, and observations of the many patients who have been her greatest teachers, Dr Page asks us to look fully at wholeness on all levels: body, mind and spirit.
· 'A must for professional carers and aspiring healers' Light, The College of Psychic Studies
· 'Fascinating and packed full of thought-provoking advice' Healthy Eating
· 'A clearly written, very impressive and important bridge-building book ... for the first time, one can see exactly how healing comes from within the subtle bodies being reflected in their physical counterpart' Aromatherapy Quarterly
· '... straightforward, comprehensive and clear. I applaud this very worthwhile book' New Humanity
· 'There are some books that are written in such a way that you feel you are reading a letter from a friend. Frontiers of Health is one of them ... without doubt an important and far-sighted work in the field not only of health but also of human consciousness' The London Connection