- 2 pints of semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons Horlicks
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons quality cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 100g quality dark chocolate (70%)
Total time: 10 minutes
How to make:
1. Pour the milk into a large pan, and bring almost to the boil over a medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, to create the chocolate mix, add the rest of the ingredients to a large jar, finely grating in the chocolate, and then give it a good shake to combine.
3. You need around 10 heaped tablespoons of the chocolate mix for this amount of milk.
4. Simply spoon the chocolate mix into the hot milk, give it a good whisk and leave to bubble away for a few minutes before serving – you’re looking for that gorgeous, thick (almost claggy), knockout texture.
Nutrition: 165kcal; 6.8g fat (4.1g saturated); 6.2g protein; 21.4g carbs; 19.1g sugar; 0.4g fibre and 0.3g salt.