This competition is now closed
In 1940 the very first Puffin book was published. Since then millions of children have grown-up dreaming of rivers turning to chocolate, talking spiders and Borrowers living under the kitchen table. The chances are, there was a little Puffin dancing across the spine of some of your favourite books.
To celebrate Puffin’s biggest birthday yet, one lucky reader will win 80 books, including this year’s very special birthday book, The Puffin Book of Big Dreams! It’s filled with new stories, poems and illustrations (as well as a few much-loved classics), by brilliant Puffin authors and illustrators like Jacqueline Wilson, Malorie Blackman, Tom Fletcher and Sophy Henn. Ten runners-ups will also receive a copy of The Puffin Book of Big Dreams.
All you need to do to enter is fill in your details below!
Terms & Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on 28 October 2020. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter fill in your details on the online form above and submit them using the button above.
6. All valid and correctly completed entries received by the closing date will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 29 October 2020.
7. The prize for the winner is a bundle of 81 Puffin books, including The Puffin Book of Big Dreams; A Wrinkle in Time; Annie; Artemis Fowl; Ballet Shoes; Beegu; Billy and the Beast; Boy in the Tower; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; Charlie Changes into a Chicken; Charlotte's Web; Chinese Cinderella; Clever Polly And the Stupid Wolf; Daisy and the Trouble with Life; Danger is Everywhere; Dizzy; Dogger; Each Peach Pear Plum; The Fairytale Hairdresser and Rapunzel; Funnybones; George's Secret Key to the Universe; Goodnight Mister Tom; Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy; Hitler's Canary; How High the Moon; How To Be a Lion; Little Badman and the Invasion of the Killer Aunties; Little Leaders Bold Women in Black History; Look Up!; Madame Doubtfire; Matilda; Meg and Mog; Mrs Pepperpot Stories; Mummy Fairy and Me; Murder Most Unladylike; My Dad; My Mum; Once; Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Book 1); Pig-Heart Boy; Please Mrs Butler; Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry; Rollergirl; Sleepovers; Stig of the Dump; Stuart Little; The Bomber Dog; The Book With No Pictures; The Borrowers; The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas; The Carpet People; The Christmasaurus; The Dark is Rising; The Diary of a Young Girl; The Dinosaur That Pooped A Planet!; The Firework Maker's Daughter; The Hundred-Mile-an-Hour Dog; The Jolly Postman or Other People's Letters; The London Eye Mystery; The Never-Ending Story; The Origin of the Species; The Racehorse Who Wouldn't Gallop; The Sheep-pig; The Silver Sword; The Snowman; The Story of Tracy Beaker; The Tale Of Peter Rabbit; The Very Hungry Caterpillar; The Worst Witch; To Be A Cat; Trash; Varjak Paw; Watership Down; Where Bear?; Where The Wild Things Are; Where's Spot?; Diary of a Wimpy Kid; Wolves of Willoughby Chase; Wonder; Would You Rather?; and You Choose. The prize for ten runners up is a copy of The Puffin Book of Big Dreams.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified via email or post by 4 November 2020. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. The promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
11. The promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
12. The Promoter is Puffin Books Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.
13. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.