This competition is now closed
It’s Puffin’s 80th birthday this year, and the best present we can ask for is to see your Puffin books! Whether they’re shiny and new or tattered, beloved copies from your childhood, we want to see them all.
During August, use the hashtag #MyPuffinBook to share a picture of your (or your child’s) favourite Puffin book with a note on where you’re from over on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram (and don’t forget to tag us too)!
Then each week, we’ll be giving away £50 of Puffin books to one lucky winner.
Join in the birthday celebrations and get sharing now!
Terms and Conditions:
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23.59 BST on 31st August 2020. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter share your photo of a Puffin book on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #mypuffinbook and include where you’re from in the post or tweet. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they have obtained written permission from the parent/legal guardian of any children that appear in any of the photos submitted as entry to this prize draw and for such photos to be used by the entrant in accordance with these terms and conditions. Entrants must provide proof of this written permission to the Promoter if requested.
6. One winner a week will be chosen during the competition run of 3rd-31st August, with four winners in total. The prize for each winner is a bundle of Puffin books as chosen by the Promoter worth £50.
7. The Promoter may use the photos (of the Puffin books only) submitted for this prize draw on its social channels or website as part of Puffin Books 80th birthday celebrations. The Promoter will not use any entrants name or identifying details in such promotion.
8. Other than those specified above, the promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as a result of accepting this prize.
9. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winners will be notified via direct message by 7th September 2020. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
12. We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address Puffin@uk.penguingroup.com (please state the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing Puffin@uk.penguingroup.com. Please note we are required to make winners details available to the ASA if requested.
13. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and you agree that Facebook, Instagram or Twitter shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.
14. The promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter is Puffin Books Limited 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA
17. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.