You will need:
• Some Clanger-coloured pink wool
• A small piece of pink felt
• A small piece of black felt
• A black felt-tip pen
• Some glue
• A pom pom maker or a piece of cardboard to make one
• A pair of scissors
How to make it:
1. Start making the Clanger body which will be your pom pom. You can use a pom pom maker, or you can easily make your own out of cardboard. Carefully wrap the yarn around (around 4 - 5 times) so it’s a good thickness. If using cardboard, you’ll need 2 circles (cut to the size you want the pom pom to be) with a hole in the middle. Put the pieces back-to-back and wrap the yarn around both, through the hole in the middle.
2. After wrapping comes cutting. Carefully cut around the outside in between the two pieces of cardboard, or two sides of your pom pom maker. This is when your pom pom comes to life!
3. Now you need to securely tie-off the pom pom while it’s still on the cardboard or pom pom maker. Cut a length of the pink wool and use this to wrap around the centre (or between the two cardboard circles). Tie securely with a double - or double-double to be sure - knot. You will now be able to remove the cardboard or pom pom maker and will be left with your pom pom body. Now you need the other materials.
4. Using the felt - cut out the nose and face for your Clanger. Using the felt-tip pen - draw two Clanger eyes on it at the top.
5. Select the spot on your pom pom for your Clanger face and nose. Press down the wool a little and then pop some glue along the back of the felt, behind the eyes. Firmly stick down on the pom pom. We used a paper glue for this, something like pritt stick would work as well.
Your Pom Pom Clanger is complete! Sit back and admire, or if you're feeling really brave, why not make another one? You could populate the moon with these little critters...